Maiden Alley Cinema will host the 9th annual River’s Edge International Film Festival (REIFF), November 7-10, 2013 in Historic Downtown Paducah, Kentucky.
REIFF, Kentucky’s second longest running film festival, celebrates the art of independent film with a diverse selection of quality independent film screenings and opportunities to engage with the filmmakers. The festival draws submissions of all genres from all over the world. Films are screened in two-hour segments in three downtown venues, Maiden Alley Cinema, Yeiser Art Center and Market House Studio Theatre, throughout the weekend.
“REIFF is what the Paducah Film Society is all about – promoting independent film,” said Landee Woodruff Bryant-Greene, Festival Director. “We have a great passion for those filmmakers that work on a slim budget and have aspirations of sharing their story with the masses.”
Maiden Alley Cinema, the festival headquarters, will have printed programs available during the entire festival week. Use the schedule below to build your festival itinerary, or visit http://riversedgefilmfestival.com/schedule for more information about the films. Weekend passes, $30, give access to all the films, events with filmmakers and after parties. Individual screenings are $5 each.
Thursday, November 7
• Free Premiere Screening & Opening Reception at Maiden Alley Cinema – 5:30-9 PM
Kick off the film festival with food, drink and the premiere of several short films in the festival. Meet some of the filmmakers and the juror.
Friday, November 8
• Films screenings at Maiden Alley Cinema, Yeiser Art Center & Market House Studio Theatre – 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM, 7 PM & 9 PM
Saturday, November 9
• Meet the Film Maker Breakfast at Etcetera Squared – 9 AM
• Film Screenings at Maiden Alley Cinema & Yeiser Art Center – 11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM and Market House Studio Theatre, 1 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM
• Columbia Theater Tour – 2-4 PM
Peek inside the historic theater.
• Awards Presentation at Maiden Alley Cinema – 7 PM
• After Party at Shandies featuring Live Music – Following Awards Ceremony
Sunday • November 10
• Film Screenings at Maiden Alley Cinema – 1 PM, 3 PM
• Best of the Fest Winner featured at Maiden Alley Cinema – 5 PM