Kentucky Cooperative Extension serves as a link between the counties of the Commonwealth and the state’s land grant universities to help people improve their lives through an educational process focusing on their issues and needs.
The Kentucky Cooperative Extension emphasizes:
- Valuing diversity and capitalizing on its potential to strengthen programs;
- Being locally-driven, flexible, and responsive; Identifying and supporting high priority statewide programming thrusts;
- Educating people to solve problems, make decisions, and embrace change;
- Applying knowledge and research-based information;
- Accomplishing work through collaboration, volunteerism, and leadership development;
- Fostering an empowered and contributing people;
- Developing youth, adults, families, and communities;
- Fostering effective lifelong use of personal and natural resources.
If you're interested in learning more or getting involved, check out what's going on at the office!